For the Love of Summer: 7 Eco and Ethical Swimsuits for Sun and Swim
Summer’s here! We have a list of eco and ethical swimwear from some of the best beaches on the planet. From Africa, Australia, North and South America and Europe – it doesn’t matter which style you prefer (monokini, cheeky two-piece, sport suit) this list has something for you:
- Amara: Ecoluxe swimwear designed and tested in Tulum made in the USA. We love: their fabric is manufactured in a green energy facility that is dedicated to the reduction and prevention of pollution, protection and preservation of green spaces, water treatment and monitoring of gas emissions. They love: longevity. Each bikini is built to last with quality and sustainability in mind. Their Italian fabric is made up of 78% recycled post-consumer materials as well as XTRALIFE LYCRA® fibers to extend the life of each piece far beyond that of traditional spandex products.
- GREENLEE SWIM: A line of eco-friendly luxury swimwear, made in USA. We love: the LRB® (little recycled bikini). They love: to create minimal, yet well designed swimwear that has a positive impact on the planet. Made in Los Angeles
- Liar (the Label): Sustainable eco swimwear, made in Australia. We love: cool girl vibes inspired by Vintage 90s. Made from recycled polyester, UPF 50+ sun protection and chlorine resistant. They love: the ocean and the environment and want to help maintain its beauty by focusing on reducing the carbon footprint, exploitation in the workplace and minimizing fabric, dye and overall waste that the fashion industry creates daily. Extra points: They donate 10% of profits from every sale to Sea Turtle conservation.
- Lalesso: Eco, ethical and sustainable African luxury fashion and lifestyle brand. We love: Lalesso is passionate about their pieces being timeless, saying no to fast fashion and investing in quality, timeless pieces that can be worn season after season. They love: Africa. All Lalesso garments are produced under strict ethical and fair-trade practices in some of the poorest regions in Kenya.
- LUZ Collections: Organic and sexy swimwear made in South America. We love: each suit is made with an innovative and hypoallergenic proprietary textiles made from 93% GOTS organic cotton and 7% de Elastane. They love: being a socially responsible eco company. The choice of organic cotton respects the earth, and all products are in compliance with fair trade laws: fair salary, upfront payment, realistic and defined work schedule and long-term business relationships.
- Minnow Bathers: Ethically produced, inspired by youth and nostalgia, reflecting a keen interest in summer rebellion. We love: made and designed in the T dot. They love: the juxtaposition of tradition and modernity, modesty and sexuality. They pair monochromatic and printed fabrics with classic designs to create pieces which exist as both vintage and contemporary in design.
- MyMarini: ethical swimwear made in Hamburg. We love: ethical swimwear for surfers who care, and for all others, who love water, exercise, style and the planet. They love: the single fabric they use for each suit is manufactured in Italy, in an eco-friendly process. Production takes place in Germany and patterns and designs are developed in designer’s hometown of Hamburg.