How to Spend your Tax Refund: A Self Care Retreat on the Amalfi Coast
Did you get a tax refund and want to splurge on some self care- vegan style?
Vegan Chef, TV Host and Wellness Expert Leslie Durso has designed an amazing retreat that just might do the trick. Join her, Gaia Herbs founder Ric Scalzo and yoga instructor Cris Kalyani, on a one of a kind relaxing wellness retreat to Ravello, Italy on the Amalfi Coast.
This weeklong retreat in the breath-taking Amalfi coast will reaffirm your commitment to yourself with attention to self-care, designed to help you change your lifestyle. Nourish your mind, body and spirit and soak up the beauty of Italy.
Enjoy a beautifully appointed villa high above the Mediterranean Sea and experience the finest cuisine and culture the Amalfi Coast has to offer. Shares Leslie,
“it’s the chance to inhale nature’s aromatherapy of fragrant flowers and lemons while taking in the breathtaking views on daily hikes. Be among like-minded people, and share in healthful and fun experiences. Eat from the villa’s organic fruit and vegetable gardens, enjoy cooking lessons with me and yoga practices with Cris. This is the retreat of a lifetime with experts in natural health and wellness.”
Daily restorative meridian self massage, Qi Gong, and Yoga from 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM.
- Saturday | Upon arrival settle in to the beautiful villa overlooking the sea and relax in the piazza of Ravello over prosecco or wine followed by a lovely dinner in the heart of Ravello at Salvatore’s Restaurant.
- Sunday | After breakfast, take a short walk up to the village of Ravello and visit the beautiful gardens of Villa Ciambroni, followed by a hike in the countryside of Ravello. Dine out at the local favorite restaurant Cumpa Cosimo for the evening.
- Monday | After breakfast, hike to the village of Amalfi and then a short boat to the private Santa Croce beach and rejuvenate in the sea and relax to hot stone therapy on the beach. Some free time walking in Amalfi and upon return to Ravello, dine at the amazing Enotavola restaurant and enjoy authentic family recipes.
- Tuesday | A day to shop for food at the farmer’s market, fish market, cheese shop, and gather all the ingredients for an authentic Italian dinner. After lunch in the piazza, Leslie will teach how to make homemade pasta and Ric will teach how to make the world’s best Eggplant Parmesan. Feast together on an amazing meal with wine and Italian arias.
- Wednesday | After breakfast, take a nature walk with Ric along the mountainous Path of the Gods from Agerola to Positano. See healing herbs and breathtaking views before getting to the village of Positano and enjoying a refreshing swim in the sea followed by a delicious lunch in Positano. Take the ferry back and then spend the evening at the villa enjoying a wonderful homemade Italian meal prepared by Leslie.
- Thursday | The Nature Cure Day – a time to focus on inner and outer beauty. Oatmeal body scrubs, hydrotherapy, herbal face masks, aromatherapy, yoga nidra, and foot reflexology. Alternating hot and cold water plunges in the grotto and Jacuzzi will revive your body and soul. End with a wonderful golden milk beverage to fully nourish and rejuvenate. Then dine at The Garden restaurant overlooking the sea.
- Friday | After breakfast, hike to the seaside villages of Minori and Miori, and have lunch at Sal de Riso and enjoy a half day excursion on the boat along the Amalifi coast and stopping at a secluded cove for a refreshing swim in the sea. On the rreturn to Ravello, have dinner at the amazing Villa Maria enjoying the most delicious organic Italian dishes.
- Saturday | After morning restorative self-massage, Qi Gong and Yoga, a closing circle followed by breakfast. Then we’ll say arrivederci as we journey away feeling refreshed and revitalized.
Option: Extend your stay and add on a luxury road trip down the Mediterranean coast that ends in Sicily.
Two available dates:
July 15-22 | July 22-29
Getting to Ravello
Fly round trip into Rome and then take train
(1.5 hours) to Naples or fly roundtrip to Naples directly. Your home for the week will be the Villa San Cosma in Ravello. Each apartment in the villa has 1 or 2 private bedrooms, a living room, bathroom, dining room and kitchen – all appointed beautifully in the Italian style.
Cost includes accommodations, all classes, breakfasts, dinners, ferry and bus tickets. Boat excursion and transfer to and from Naples is also included. Costs do NOT include Alcohol, lunches and gratuities.
• Single room: $3,950 per week
• Shared room (couples only): $2,300 per person, per week.
All yoga classes, Qi Gong classes, Nature Cure spa classes, restorative self massage classes are included in the fee. Separate massage therapy is offered however is NOT included in the fee.
Ravello is a mountaintop town with narrow paths and many stairs. While the activities are not strenuous, we ask that all participants be willing and able to hike and climb.
Email: email@example.com or call 828-384-1850 for registration information.