Po-Zu – Ecological Winter boots
Winter is fun, but only if you are dressed for it. All those scenes that get conjured up in one’s mind when we think of winter: snowball fights, sleigh-rides, tobogganing are only fun if you are warm. Now, most have us have outgrown those pursuits, but that doesn’t change the necessity for warmth. Take a look at these new winter boots from Po-Zu. These Piper-check boots are made up as follows: Upper- Traditional Scottish-Woven Tweed made from 100% Un-Bleached and Un-dyed wool, using the natural colours of the wool and Cork-renewable resource, locally grown in Portugal. € 150.00.
How about these Sequoia Boots for men! This versatile boot can be worn in two ways, either as an ankle boot with the tongue folded down, or with the extension-piece as a seven-eyelet boot. The extension-piece, in hardwearing waxed suede with contrasting cotton binding, is held in position with a Velcro strap at the back. Made up as follows: Upper- Vegetable Tanned Suede, organically tanned with vegetable extracts. Lining- Felt un-bleached & un-dyed pure wool. € 180.00. Both these Po-zu boots also feature a Footbed- un-bleached & un-dyed pure wool. Foot-Mattress- 60% Coconut Husk, 40% Natural Latex, 14mm thick, moulds to your foot shape, highly breathable to keep your feet dry, provides good insulation. Sole- Natural Latex.
- To use the purest bio-based materials that are kind to the environment and are completely safe to handle for all the workers throughout our supply chain.
- To maximize the use of truly sustainable and renewable natural materials, such as hemp, cork, latex, and wool.
- To avoid harmful glues by stitching our shoes together, which also makes them more breathable, durable, repairable and recyclable.
- To design beautiful classic products with distinct qualities that are beyond fashion trends. The longer we carry a certain style, the more sustainable it becomes!
- To use the highest quality materials and workmanship methods to make our product as durable as possible.
- To minimize our waste but to maximize its proportion to be re-cycled, or where possible up-cycled.
- To minimize our carbon footprint throughout our supply chain.
- To maximize the proportion of energy we use that derives from renewable resources (currently 43%).
- To use packaging which is either 100% compostable, or 100% recycled and fully recyclable.
- To support environmental charities by donating 3% from the total sales we generate via this web site.
- To raise environmental awareness and promote eco-friendly lifestyle.